Distances & Travel Times
The span of Harlem starts above 96th Street and continues to 145h street in upper Manhattan.
- From Queens it is anywhere from 30 minutes to commute to the area. If taking the subway along the F, Q, N, R, E, M and 7 train lines transfers for trains that travel to Harlem can be found at major hub stations like Grand Central, 42nd St. Bryant Park, Time Square – West 42nd Street,
- From downtown Manhattan the travel time is generally 20 minutes. Travel time from midtown 59th Street – Columbus Circle is approximately 10 minutes.
- From Brooklyn, the 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, A, C, B, D trains all stop in Harlem and the commute can be anywhere from 30 minutes upwards.
- From the Bronx, commuting on the subway can be 15 minutes along the 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, B and D trains.
- From Staten Island, taking the ferry which runs every half-hour to the South Ferry Station which connects to the subway.
Transportation line maintenance and track work are often scheduled during the weekend which often results in detours and alternate routes to regular transportation stops and schedules. For more information on changes visit The MTA Website prior to departing from your point of origin.